BOOK WEEK 2018
Theme: Find Your Treasure
Dates: CBCA Children's Book Week in 2018 will be 17 - 24 August 2018
Dates: Saturday August 19 2017 - Saturday August 26 2017
Theme: Escape to Everywhere
2017 Book Week merchandise: the award-winning Freya Blackwood - beloved and talented children’s book illustrator - has done the art work. Please support your Branch and receive your 10% members discount by ordering your merchandise directly through the CBCA NSW Branch office. Order forms available here.
February 28: 2017 The Night of the Notables EXCITING NEW EVENT Announcement of the Notables listing for 2017.
2017 Book of the Year NOTABLES Lists:.
- Notables' annotations available to Members only.
- View the covers here and a printable list here (all categories).
- Access each category as covers or a printable list:
- Click here for book reviews of many of these in Reading Time.
March 28: 2017 Anticipate! Appreciate! Applaud! The Short List AAA Event - Announcement of 2017 CBCA Book of the Year Short List..
- Click here to view the shortlisted titles with covers.
- Access a printable list here.
- View the 2017 Crichton Short List (illustrator award) here.
- Read the Reading Time reviews of the Short List here.
August 18 - 25: CBCA Children’s Book Week - Escape to Everywhere
Friday 18 August: 11am - 12noon: FREE Kids’ AAA video conference. Kids Anticipate! Appreciate! Applaud! the Younger Readers 2017 Short List
- Reading teams from Whalan and Wallsend Public Schools celebrate reading and share the writing process with author Belinda Murrell
- Join via DART video link HERE
Friday 18 August: Noon: Book of the Year Awards Winners & Honour Books Announced.