Dates: Saturday August 19 2017 - Saturday August 26 2017
Theme: Escape to Everywhere
2017 Book Week merchandise: the award-winning Freya Blackwood - beloved and talented children’s book illustrator - has done the art work. Please support your Branch and receive your 10% members discount by ordering your merchandise directly through the CBCA NSW Branch office. Order forms available here.
February 28: 2017 The Night of the Notables EXCITING NEW EVENT Announcement of the Notables listing for 2017.
2017 Book of the Year NOTABLES Lists:.
- Notables' annotations available to Members only.
- View the covers here and a printable list here (all categories).
- Access each category as covers or a printable list:
- Click here for book reviews of many of these in Reading Time.
March 28: 2017 Anticipate! Appreciate! Applaud! The Short List AAA Event - Announcement of 2017 CBCA Book of the Year Short List..
- Click here to view the shortlisted titles with covers.
- Access a printable list here.
- View the 2017 Crichton Short List (illustrator award) here.
- Read the Reading Time reviews of the Short List here.
August 18 - 25: CBCA Children’s Book Week - Escape to Everywhere
Friday 18 August:
- FREE Kids’ AAA video conference. Kids Anticipate! Appreciate! Applaud! The Younger Readers Category of 2017 Short List Join via DART video link, reading teams from Whalan and Wallsend Public Schools discussing with member author Belinda Murrell the 2017 CBCA Short List for Younger Readers, celebrating reading and sharing the writing process.
- Noon: Book of the Year Awards Winners & Honour Books Announced.